Know How to Use Borage Oil for Skin
Borage seed oil is used to treat all kinds of skin inflammation including dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea. Borage oil has calming, nourishing, redness-erasing powers.
- It is also useful in treating acne and it is lighter than many other oils.
- After applying borage oil on face we didn’t feel greasy. Due to the presence of linoleic acid in borage seed oil it enables the skin to regain or retain its elasticity. It also helps to reduce the skin-aging process and prevent stretch marks. Due to the presence of high level of GLA in borage seed oil, it is great for mature skin, as it is a natural moisturizer.
- Adding 2 to 3 drops of borage oil to the day and night lotions and creams can increase their moisturizing and stimulating powers. It will stimulate the skin’s hydration and help renew the skin cells. That is why borage oil is a key ingredient in many anti-aging products; it can also treat eczema and dermatitis.
- This oil can also help in treating the skin disease psoriasis, by apply the oil on the affected area and leave it overnight and clean it with cold water in the morning.
- Borage seed oil has soothing effects as it gives relief from itching.
Learn more About of Uses & Health Benefits of Borage oil
Pure oil of Borage has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties and widely used in cosmetic products like skincare care products, cleansers, moisturizers, anti- aging creams and hair treatment etc.
- Due to the presence of Gamma linolenic acid in borage oil it is used for conditions that affect the skin like sclerosis, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Gamma Linolenic acid present in borage seed oil maintain the brain function, skeletal health, reproductive health, and metabolism.
-It helps improve arthritic symptoms due to the presence of gamma Linolenic acid.
-Borage seed oil helps to treat gum disease like gingivitis.
-It is used in treatment for high blood pressure.
-It is beneficial to numerous other medical conditions and diseases, including cough, depression, Alzheimer's disease and symptoms related to PMS and menopause, such as mood swings and breast tenderness.
-The oil may help to combat stress and high blood pressure. Borage oil is also cited as a treatment for acne, eczema, endometriosis, female infertility, gout, impotence, lupus psoriasis, respiratory infections.
- GLA present in borage seed oil regulates menstrual cycle, PMS relief, and reduction of hot flashes and mood swings during menopause.
- GLA has a beneficial effect on the course of diabetic neuropathy, a type of nerve damage that can occur in people with diabetes.
-Borage seed oil having GLA which have antioxidant capabilities and anti-mutagenic properties that fights the growth of cancerous cells.
-Dermatitis in infants can be cured by regular use of borage oil.
-It is used in massage oil.
-Food and Flavoring Uses.