Basil Oil (Essential Oil) is obtained by Hydro distillation from the leaves and flowering tops of Basil plant. Basil is of two kinds one is Sweet Basil (Ocimum Basilicum) and other is Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum). Basil Seed oil is obtained by cold pressing of the seeds to extract the oil.
Basil Oil is Nature blessing to human kind, this is a sweet smelling oil. It is a excellent moral boosting Oil.
It has a quality to suppress the feeling of fear, control nerves, reduces anxiety.
It calms mind and body, helps in releasing stress and tension.
It also helps in overcoming Depression.
It also helps in reducing fever and treating upper respiratory tract congestion.
It also helps a person to cure addiction of any kind.
- Basil Oil if taken orally has several curing qualities.
- It is excellent anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti viral, thus it is anti pyretic, anti infections, disinfectant and anti inflammatory.
- It helps in curing muscular contractions of lower body, helps in reducing spasms of intestine, stomach and Urinary tract. Thus it is excellent Antispasmodic.
- It helps in increasing the extraction of water and increasing the urine production.
- This helps in reducing the infections of urinary tract. Thus it is Diuretic.
- It helps in curing infections of upper respiratory tract and congestion of nasal, thus it is good quality decongestant.
- Basil oil also helps in curing stomach disorders, feeling of vomiting and constipation.
- It helps in reducing joint pains, ankle pain as it tends to reduce uric acid blood.
PROPERTIESBasil Oil is free flowing, aromatic oil, with lesser viscosity than water. It is pale yellow to brown in colour. It have a distinct aroma of the freshly crushed shoots of basil plant.CHEMICAL COMPOSITION:Basil oil has following major components in it:Alpa pinene, Camphene, Beta-pinene, Myrcene, Limonene, Camphor, Linalool, Methyl Chavicol, Terpineol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol.
This oil is of Indian Origin.