Sesame oil is an edible vegetable oil which is
acquired from sesame seed. Sesame is scientifically known as Sesamum indicum which belongs to
Pedaliaceae family. Sesame originated in the Indus Valley of North India, and
widely spread throughout Asia.
Sesame oil is extracted from seeds of
Sesamum indicum under low temperature conditions process called cold pressing
or by pressing followed by chemical solvent extraction.
Sesame oil is yellow coloured in appearance and has a nutty aroma
and taste. It is rich in nutrients, hence used as ingredients in many food
constituents are fatty acids such as linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid,
stearic acid and other in fewer amounts.
- Sesame oil is used in the treatment of several chronic disease
processes, including hepatitis, diabetes and migraines.
- It has antibacterial properties, used for common skin pathogens as
it kills strep and other common cold bacteria, common skin fungi such as
athlete’s foot fungus as well as naturally antiviral.
- It prevents growth of malignant melanum means a skin cancer and
inhibited replication of human colon cancer cells as it act as cell growth regulator
and slows down cell growth and replication.
- It has antioxidant property, as it neutralizes oxygen radicals in
the tissues beneath the skin.
- It maintains good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol.
- Sesame seed oil provides nourishment to cells in both small
intestine and the colon.
- It is used in the hair of children as it nourishes and feeds the
scalp to control dry scalp and to kill lice infestations.
- It helps sufferers of psoriasis and dry skin ailments.
- It is useful natural UV protector as it calms the sunburns and
reduces swelling and soothes the itch of haemorrhoids.
- It is used as a douche mixed with warm water and controls vaginal
- It heals scrapes, cuts and abrasions and keeps skin supple, soft
and tightens facial skin and control usual enlargement of pores as skin ages
- It is useful on baby skin especially in the area covered by a
diaper and protects skin against rash caused by the acidity of body wastes.
- It is also used as massage oil, as it stroke the long limbs up and
down and stimulates natural energy overall joints.
- It is used as a solvent in injected drugs or intravenous drip
solution in industry.
- It is used in cosmetics as a carrier oil as it supple and nourishes
- It also has synergy with some insecticides as coating stored
grains to prevents weevil attacks.
- It is used in cooking as a flavour enhancer in Korean, Chinese,
Japanese, Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian cuisine.
- It is useful for oral health as it lower levels of dental plaque
and protection against certain streptococcus mutants and boost in dental
- First consult to doctor before adding sesame oil to diet as it is
anti coagulant or blood thinning medications.
- It lowers blood pressure and thins blood so combining could be
AOS Products offers Sesame seed oil by following terms:
- Pure Sesame oil India
- Sesame seed oil Manufacturers
- Sesame seed oil for hair
- Sesame oil benefits for skin
- Sesame seed oil for weight loss
- Sesame seed oil in cooking
- Sesame seed oil Exporters from India
- Sesame seed oil benefits
- Sesame seed oil Manufacturers in Delhi NCR
certified sesame seed oil