Ginger is a warm, spicy herb belongs to Zingiberaceae family,
scientifically known as Zingiber
officinale; this plant grows up to 3-4 feet in height with narrow stems,
green leaves and yellow flowers. Ginger is originated in India and South China
and also cultivation in Asia, West Africa and the Caribbean. Ginger oil is
warming and energizing so it has many application in medical and ayuveda.
Ginger oil is extracted from the roots of herb Zingiber
officinale through steam distillation method.
Ginger oil is composed of various components are as follows-
geranial,1-8 cineole, Zingiberene, B- bisabolene, B-sesquiphellandrene, α-pinene,
β-pinene, camphene, linalool, bornneol, γ-terpineol, nerol, geraniol and
Ginger oil has thin consistency. Light yellow in colour and has
slightly pungent due to its acrid compound gingerol and spicy in aroma, medium
to watery in viscosity.
Ginger oil is well blends with many essential oil such as cedar
wood, lemon, lime, eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium, rosemary, sandalwood,
patchouli, myrtle, rosewood, neroli, orange and ylang ylang.
- Ginger oil contains Zingibain which is anti inflammatory in
nature so it helps in treatment of muscle aches, arthritis, and migraine.
- It is used for treatment for various stomach issues such as
colic, indigestion, diarrhea, spasm and stomach aches.
- It is used in aromatherapy as it brings feeling of courageous
and self assurance and provides relief from depression, mental stress,
dizziness, restlessness, exhaustion and anxiety.
- It is analgesic in nature as it provides relieve from pain due
to its Zingibain component, it reduce prostaglandin, it helps in treatment of
muscle aches, headache, arthritis, rheumatism and migraine.
- It has carminative effect; it is used to treat food poisoning,
motion sickness and vomiting.
- It is anti bacterial in nature so it helps in intestinal
infections and bacterial dysentery.
- It is also effective against yellow fever and malaria.
- It is used to provide relief from menstrual illness such as
irregular, menstrual cramps and painful menstrual discharges.
- It is also helpful in respiratory issues such as coughs, flu,
asthma, breathlessness and bronchitis as it helps in removing mucus from throat
- It is a heart ailment as it strengthen heart health, it reduces
cholesterol level and prevent blood clotting lead to reduce risk of heart
attack and stroke.
- It is used to treat kidney stone issue as it dissolves stones in
- It is used for hair care as it helps in controlling dandruff.
- It is used to treat cancer as it
- It is used to add in meals such as meat as a preservative and
- Excessive use of ginger oil can cause skin sensitization.
- Its high concentration also leads to photo-sensitivity.
- As ginger oil is strong so it should be used carefully and
We Indian Essential Oils Manufacturers offer Ginger Oil on-line by following terms:
- Ginger oil India
- Rate of ginger oil in India
- How to make ginger oil
- Ginger oil for hair growth
- Ginger oil extraction
- Ginger oil Manufacturers
- Pure ginger oil Exporters from India
- Natural Ginger oil for skin Care
- how to make ginger oil for massage