The pomegranate is a shrub or small tree growing 5.0 to 8.0 m tall, belongs to family Lythraceae. It has multiple spiny branches with opposite or sub-opposite leaves. The edible fruit is berry, 5 – 12 cm in diameter with round shape. 200 to 1400 seeds are present in a pomegranate. Each seed has a surrounding water laden pulp. Pomegranate oil is used internally and externally for cosmetic and medicinal purposes. It is also used as a vaporizer and a diffuser.
Pomegranate oil is extracted by cold pressed of seeds of Punica granatum belongs to family Lythraceae. Pomegranate oil is clear pale yellow color liquid with slightly fruity odor.
Botanical name : Punica granatum
Parts used : seeds
Colour : clear pale yellow colour liquid
Perfumery note : characteristic, slightly fruity odour
Shelf life : two years
Density : 0.920 – 0.939
Optical rotation : +0.9
Acid value : 0.21 – 1.0
Saponification value : 181 - 190
Iodine value : 110 – 130
Peroxide value : 3.2 – 3.6
Refractive index : 1.470 – 1.475
Solubility : soluble in alcohol, practically insoluble in water
Storage : In well fitted container in cool and dry place
Pomegranate oil composed of sabinene, mycenae, limonene, alpha pinene, terpinenol, oleic acid, linolenic acid, palmitic acid and punicic acids is about 80%.
1. Pomegranate seed oil is cure skin damage.
2. Pomegranate seed oil has antioxidant activity. It is capture free radicals and reactive oxygen species of the body.
3. Pomegranate seed oil is used in acne breakout and reducing scarring of skin.
4. Pomegranate seed oil is used for healing of wounds.
5. Pomegranate seed oil is improving skin texture.
6. Pomegranate seed oil is used in anti-ageing cream.
7. Pomegranate seed oil gives beneficial effect on hair.
8. Pomegranate seed oil is stimulates blood circulation of the body. It is increasing hair growth and strengthens of blood vessels.
9. Pomegranate seed oil is used for the treatment of psoriasis and scalp eczema.
10. It is balance the PH level of skin.
11. Pomegranate seed oil has been found to be of help prevent the formation of skin cancer by reducing the frequency of lesions and limit the occurrence of tumors.
12. Pomegranate seed oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties.
13. Pomegranate seeds add flavor and color to any fruit salad.
Shop for highly purified Pomegranate Oil by Indian Manufacturer AOS Products On-lines:
- pomegranate oil Manufacturers online
- Use pomegranate seed oil for hair
- organic cold-pressed pomegranate seed oil in India
- pomegranate oil Exporters from Delhi India
- how to make pomegranate oil and so on.