Lemongrass oil is tall perennial plant; scientifically known
as Cymbopogon citratus belongs to Poaceae grass family. Lemongrass tree is
originated in tropical and subtropical regions and cultivated in India,
Cambodia, Malaysia, Srilanka, China and Guatemala. It well grown in dense
clumps and it has bright, sharp-edged leaves and lemon grass plant is similar
Lemon grass essential oil is extracted from the leaves of
Cymbopogon plant by steam distillation method.
Its main compounds are Geranyl acetate, myrcene, neral,
nerol, citronella, terpineol, methyl heptonene, dipentene, geraneol, farnesol,
limonene and citral.
Lemongrass oil has thin consistency; its aroma is lemony
& grassy and pale yellow in colour.
It well blends wither essential oil particularly with
geranium, bergamot, eucalyptus, melaleuca, lavender, rosemary, tea tree, coriander
and cedar wood oil.
- It has application in culinary, medicinal and skin care
- It is used as ingredients of antiseptic lotions and
- It is used as insect repellant due to its citral and
- It is widely used to add flavor in Chinese and Thai
- It is used to soothe sore joints or muscle strains.
- It is also used in facilitating nutrient assimilation and
boosts functioning of digestive system.
- It has antipyretic effect as it bring down high fever.
- It is used to clean toenails and healthy nails.
- It is an analgesic as it helps in reducing pain and
- It is carminative in nature as it helps in facilitate
nutrients assimilation and boosts the functioning of digestive system, removes
gas from intestine and efficiently works against excess flatulence.
- It has galactogogue property as it increases the
formation of milk,
- It acts as nervine because it cures nervous disorders
such as shaking hands or limbs and nervousness.
- It is used to
promote soothing, sedating and calming effect on mind.
- It is helpful for patients of insomnia as it provide
- It is anti inflammatory as it cures inflammation, itching
of skin and also relieves tension and anxiety.
- It is diuretic as it increases urination, both in frequency
and in quantity.
- It is fungicidal as it prevents fungal infection in
toenails or in nails and antibacterial, effectively inhibiting growth of
bacteria on both internally as well as externally.
- It is used as air freshener and deodorants.
- It is used in shampoos as it helps in strengthen hair
Safety and Precaution-
- Avoid use of lemongrass oil during pregnancy or nursing
- Do not use undiluted lemongrass oil, it can burn and
injure skin due to its citral content.
- It may cause skin irritation, rashes, discomfort and
Where you shop Lemongrass Oil in India?
We AOS Products fully oriented of latest technologies and machinery
for manufacturing 100% pure and natural Lemongrass oil, in this page we offer
Lemongrass Oil from Delhi (Ghaziabad) India based factory. We deal our certified
oil by following worldwide terms like that Lemongrass Oil India and Lemongrass
Oil Manufacturers India or Lemongrass Oil Suppliers in India’s most looking
city Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pure or Indore etc ok, we provide all documents
related to the purity of lemongrass essential oil. We have leaded as wholesale
Lemongrass Oil Exporters in the essential oils world. For more you may call or
mail us. Thanks to Shop Lemongrass oil here!!!!