Lemongrass oil is tall perennial plant; scientifically known as Cymbopogon citratus belongs to Poaceae
grass family. Lemongrass tree is originated in tropical and subtropical regions
and cultivated in India, Cambodia, Malaysia, Srilanka, China and Guatemala. It
well grown in dense clumps and it has bright, sharp-edged leaves and lemon
grass plant is similar to grass.
Lemon grass essential oil is extracted from the leaves of
Cymbopogon plant by steam distillation method.
Its main compounds are Geranyl acetate, myrcene, neral, nerol,
citronella, terpineol, methyl heptonene, dipentene, geraneol, farnesol,
limonene and citral.
Lemongrass oil has thin consistency; its aroma is lemony &
grassy and pale yellow in colour.
It well blends wither essential oil particularly with geranium,
bergamot, eucalyptus, melaleuca, lavender, rosemary, tea tree, coriander and
cedar wood oil.
It has application in culinary, medicinal and skin care purposes.
- It is used as ingredients of antiseptic lotions and creams.
- It is used as insect repellant due to its citral and geraniol
- It is widely used to add flavor in Chinese and Thai recipes.
- It is used to soothe sore joints or muscle strains.
- It is also used in facilitating nutrient assimilation and boosts
functioning of digestive system.
- It has antipyretic effect as it bring down high fever.
- It is used to clean toenails and healthy nails.
- It is an analgesic as it helps in reducing pain and inflammation.
- It is carminative in nature as it helps in facilitate nutrients
assimilation and boosts the functioning of digestive system, removes gas from
intestine and efficiently works against excess flatulence.
- It has galactogogue property as it increases the formation of
- It acts as nervine because it cures nervous disorders such as
shaking hands or limbs and nervousness.
- It is used to promote
soothing, sedating and calming effect on mind.
- It is helpful for patients of insomnia as it provide relax asleep.
- It is anti inflammatory as it cures inflammation, itching of skin
and also relieves tension and anxiety.
- It is diuretic as it increases urination, both in frequency and in
- It is fungicidal as it prevents fungal infection in toenails or in
nails and antibacterial, effectively inhibiting growth of bacteria on both
internally as well as externally.
- It is used as air freshener and deodorants.
- It is used in shampoos as it helps in strengthen hair follicles.
- Avoid use of lemongrass oil during pregnancy or nursing mother.
- Do not use undiluted lemongrass oil, it can burn and injure skin
due to its citral content.
- It may cause skin irritation, rashes, discomfort and burning
We AOS Products offer Lemongrass Oil from India by following terms:
- Lemongrass Oil India
- Lemongrass Oil Manufacturers India
- Lemongrass Oil Suppliers
- Indian wholesale Lemongrass Oil Exporters
- Lemongrass Oil Uses
- Lemongrass Oil Suppliers in New Delhi India